Terms and Conditions
By participating in any of Epic Adventure Co’s (Epic) activities or by purchasing or hiring any of their products, you agree to all of the following Terms and Conditions:
Products Purchased or Hired from Epic Adventure Co
- Products purchased from Epic Adventure Co that are utilised for the purposes of safety are not returnable or refundable.
- Epic Adventure Co resells/retails third person products, and as such, makes no guarantee of their performance. In the event of equipment failure, or of being faulty upon arrival, the product may be repaired or replaced by the manufacturer in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty, and any costs incurred will be your responsibility.
- Products hired from Epic Adventure Co are used at your own risk and you accept full responsibility for any harm that may be caused to your person, your dependents or your property as a result of using them.
- Any misuse of hired products that results in breakage or damage to the hired product will incur the full replacement cost of which you must pay at the time of discovering the damage.
- This is an ongoing contract that applies to all activities undertaken from the day of your first purchase or activity, whichever
- You must be 18 years or older or have parental consent. Parental consent must be given to Epic Adventure Co in writing via email.
- For safety or other reasons, Epic Adventure Co reserves the right to decline any person’s request to participate, such as, but not limited to, if they are influenced by drugs or alcohol, or not at an appropriate mental, physical or skill level. Epic accepts no liability for any fault, blame or cost.
- Many of Epic Adventure Co’s activities are difficult to insure, meaning Epic is very likely to not be insured for your chosen adventure or course. You understand and accept this risk.
- Epic Adventure Co also reserves the right to alter the location, day, or time of activities, such as for weather conditions, pandemic, access issues, insurance issues, participant numbers not met, or instructor availability. Epic accepts no liability for any fault, blame or cost.
- You are advised that rock climbing, abseiling and other adventure type endeavours are dangerous activities with obvious risks of injury, disability or death. As with any physical activity or sport, e.g. rugby or soccer, there is a high chance that you may be injured at some point, and this injury may bring harm to you physically, mentally or financially (but not limited to these). Being physically and mentally demanding activities, you may also experience panic, hyperventilation or heart attack (but not limited to these). There is also a high degree of risk to your personal property, such as clothing being damaged. You acknowledge that these harms are part-in-parcel with rock climbing, abseiling and other adventure type activities, and you agree to never hold Epic Adventure Co, its owners, operators, employees, helpers, affiliates or third parties liable for such harm to your person or property. In summary, THERE IS A CHANCE YOU WILL EITHER DIE OR BE SERIOUSLY INJURED, and you agree that you are participating in these activities solely at YOUR OWN RISK.
- You hereby agree with and declare the following statements:
- I acknowledge that activities involving nature are not failsafe and there is no way of controlling conditions or outcomes that may arise, and I accept ALL the risks involved in participating in these activities.
- I acknowledge that some risks are always present and can never be avoided, such as injury arising from rock fall and lead falls. I accept this risk and will not hold Epic Adventure Co liable.
- I understand that even when equipment appears safe, and is used safely, there is still a risk of equipment failure that may bring harm to my person or my property, and I accept this risk.
- I agree to pay Epic Adventure Co the full retail replacement cost of any equipment owned by Epic that I lose or break at the time of breaking or losing it.
- I acknowledge that it is necessary for Epic Adventure Co’s instructors and guides to sometimes physically touch me and the equipment I am wearing during activities. I understand that this is for benevolent reasons, such as for ensuring safety, or for comforting/encouraging when scared. I agree to never use this as a reason to accuse of molestation or abuse.
- I understand that this is a legally binding contract and is also binding on my heirs, next of kin, executors, and administrators.
- I have read these terms and conditions and understand the risks involved in rock climbing, abseiling and other adventure type activities, and participate ENTIRELY at my own volition and risk.
- I hereby release Epic Adventure Co, its owners, operators, employees, helpers, affiliates and third parties from any liability, and agree to never take any legal action against, or seek compensation from them for any harm to my person, dependents or property.
- Photos or videos of you taken by Epic Adventure Co remain the property of Epic Adventure Co and may be used for promotional purposes, such as on their Facebook page or website.
- Refunds are not given for any reason, however you will be able to swap days or times providing at least 24 hours notice is given.
- In the rare case that Epic Adventure Co, prior to your purchase, has agreed in writing to offer a refund under specific conditions, all costs incurred in the sale or refund process will be deducted from the original purchase amount prior to any refund being issued. Examples of non-refundable portions are: purchase or refund transaction costs, commissions and fees paid to third parties such as Laybuy or Paypal, restocking costs, postage etc.
- Unless agreed otherwise in writing from Epic Adventure Co, products and services will only be supplied to the customer upon Epic receiving cleared funds in full, whether this be directly from the customer or indirectly via a third party such as Paypal or Laybuy. This is normally immediately, except in unusual circumstance or if paying by direct bank deposit.
- Email addresses supplied to Epic Adventure Co may be used for event updates, marketing and informational purposes.
- Prices are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- If these Terms and Conditions are revised at any point, you hereby agree to the updated Terms and Conditions.
- Should any part of these Terms and Conditions be found to be invalid, the remainder shall remain valid as permitted by law.